Sunday, December 6, 2015

Chocolate covered pretzels (253)

        This is definitely already a recipe that can be found elsewhere on the internet but I wanted to take my own twist on it to see if it was quicker and still accurate. To make these pretzels you will need:
-One bag of pretzels
-One bar almond bark (chocolate or vanilla)
-tongs
1. Microwave the almond bark in a microwave safe bowl for 1 minute and then for 15 second intervals, stirring the chocolate between.
2. Lay out the pretzels on wax paper
3. When the almond bark is ready, bring it to the table and throw a handful of pretzels in the bowl of almond bark. Use the tongs to evenly coat all of the pretzels before pulling them out and putting them on the wax paper to dry.

The recipe online said to put the pretzels in one at a time instead of a handful, but I used a handful to get this done quicker. Although it was faster, it was not accurate. Instead of just pulling out the pretzels, I got huge globs of the almond bark and it made all of the pretzels dry together into one big gigantic chocolate covered pretzel.
     I made these as something quick to throw into my lunch bag to satisfy my sweet tooth while I am at school an it definitely worked. Something that is sweet and salty, but not too fatty or unhealthy. Perfect. When you make these though, use one pretzel at a time to ensure that you get prime results.

No comments:

Post a Comment