Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Fad Diets (287)

While recently scrolling through my Facebook feed i came upon the "GM Diet". This diet consists of eating one type of food a day for 7 days and at the end of the week, you are supposedly going to be 10 pounds lighter. I like fruit and i like vegetables so i thought why not try this? I was looking to shed off some winter weight and this looked like a good idea for quick weight loss and on top of that i work out nearly every day. On the first day, i strictly ate pineapple and cantaloupe. The cravings were quickly diminished and i thought i was doing pretty good. The next day i started with the baked potato and i was supposed to eat vegetables all day. I went to workout on the second day and i was completely exhausted. I couldn't do anything that i could do before because i was pretty much starving myself! This is not a healthy way to shed the pounds and please let me be an example to all not to try this. I felt so tired and weak only on the second day that i couldn't imagine how i would feel on the last few days. It's scary to think that girls do this so much to meet society's idea of what people should weigh. A more healthy and realistic diet plan should include enough fruits, veggies, and protein to get you through the day and still be able to work out to build the muscle that is necessary to lose body fat. With fad diets, the weight gets packed back on when the person begins to eat like normal so it's just like torturing yourself for nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment